An Interface for Elecraft KX3 & KX2 to Use with N1MM
This interface will allow you to:
- Read the Elecraft KX3/KX2 frequency in N1MM
- Control the radio’s frequency
- Send CW by keying the radio
What you will need:
- N1MM+ software (free) - download here
- The Elecraft ACC-1 KXSER (3.5mm to DB9-F) Serial Interface Cable
- You can request this in place of the USB ACC1 cable that ships with KX3 (the same one you use for Firmware updates).
- If you did not choose to substitute serial for USB you can either purchase one from Elecraft ($29 + shipping)
- If you would like to build your own for ~$10 or even less if you have an old RS-232 cable or connector laying around. See circuit below, which also includes ability to directly key the radio.
- An RS-232 Serial to USB Adapter (although you can find very inexpensive versions, I strongly suggest you spend a few extra dollars to get a quality one. I have had excellent success with the StarTech ICUSB2321F, it has added advantage that will retain same Com Port # and not change each time you plug it into computer)