An Interface for Elecraft KX3 & KX2 to Use with N1MM
This interface will allow you to:
- Read the Elecraft KX3/KX2 frequency in N1MM
- Control the radio’s frequency
- Send CW by keying the radio
What you will need:
- N1MM+ software (free) - download here
- The Elecraft ACC-1 KXSER (3.5mm to DB9-F) Serial Interface Cable
- You can request this in place of the USB ACC1 cable that ships with KX3 (the same one you use for Firmware updates).
- If you did not choose to substitute serial for USB you can either purchase one from Elecraft ($29 + shipping)
- If you would like to build your own for ~$10 or even less if you have an old RS-232 cable or connector laying around. See circuit below, which also includes ability to directly key the radio.
- An RS-232 Serial to USB Adapter (although you can find very inexpensive versions, I strongly suggest you spend a few extra dollars to get a quality one. I have had excellent success with the StarTech ICUSB2321F, it has added advantage that will retain same Com Port # and not change each time you plug it into computer)
Circuit to build your own KX3 Serial Cable with CW Keying. If you don’t mind working in tight space you can actually build all of the circuit inside the RS-232 connector shell (see last page)